Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday after Saturday...

Last night we had friends over for a "Gaysgiving". Everyone brought a dish or drink to pass and we made pop overs, turkey chili, pumpkin bread, apple crisp and roasted tomato caprese salad. We also made a drink with equal parts Hendrix, Pama, St. Germain, pomegranate and cranberry juice, served in a pomegranate sugar rimmed glass.

All around it was a fine spread of food and drink. But what was finer was the company. Which got me thinking about the many things I am thankful for this year. Beyond my wonderful marriage just a couple months ago I am struck by how lucky I am to be alive presently. Not because there is something special about the time, but rather that there is something special about the company we keep. From friends nearby to those far away that I will forever have a connection to. To family, here and gone, that have provided me with a road map to not only life, but love and happiness.

So, in this season of thanks, (and gorging), I find myself, even if it might be dripping with hyperbole, happy with the totality that is my present.

Maybe it might pass, but for now, I'll sip on my coffee and be 'okay with today'.

Hasta Pronto, Cuidate!

Presently listening to:



















No comments:

Post a Comment