Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

My New Obsession...

Anyone that knows me knows that I get obsessed with new found things. I can spend hours either listening to this new artist I found or researching more about a person / place / or thing. Usually this is accompanied by a tumbler of gin, scotch, or brandy.

About three weeks ago on a nice fall afternoon I drove downstate for a conference. On the ride down there I was listening to my Pandora and came across this song "Public Property" by Danielle Ate the Sandwich. I loved it and meant to look her up when I was not operating an SUV. But, then, I promptly forget to look her up. So over the weekend, while Twittering, she came across on my Pandora again but now I was not obligated to pay attention to the road and other cars, so off I went to find out more about this quirky singer. And what I found, I loved. I mean, really loved. So, here I sit, listening to her and wondering why she is not more famous. But then again, my snobbery would not let me be obsessed with someone who is already popular, pssh!

While this is not the song that I first fell in love with, it is one of my favorites and a really cool video; if for nothing else, that is one hot-ass typewriter.



More info on Danielle Ate the Sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment